Dr Malcolm Pestonji’s mentorship programme is an in-depth programme that is open to orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and pain management doctors. The programme is specifically designed for the budding endoscopic spine surgeon to have a firsthand experience of performing transforaminal endoscopic spine surgery under the supervision of senior faculty. During the course the delegate will perform live surgeries as well as assist other delegates during their surgeries. A maximum of four delegates will be admitted for each mentorship programme.
Mentorship Programme schedule
Day 1 – Orientation, Lectures, and OPD
Day 2 onward, two delegates will operate on one patient. One of the surgeons will perform the surgery and the other surgeon will assist.
Dr Malcolm Pestonji will provide continuous guidance during the surgery.
Each surgeon will get hands-on experience of two surgeries and will assist in two additional surgeries during the course. A half day is kept aside so the delegates can have a one-on-one interaction with the faculty. Delegates can also opt for a local sightseeing tour during this time.
The mentorship programme is also open to a maximum of 10 candidates for observership.
The course will include the material given below. The coursework for observership is identical, except for the hands-on training.
Clinical examination of patients
• Surgical planning
• Operation room setup
• Use of instruments
• Use of laser radio frequency
• Use of dervan plug
• Hands-on training
• Trans-iliac approach
• Migrated discs
• Lateral canal stenosis
• Cervical and thoracic discs (depending on patient availability)
The mentorship programme will be held at Golden Park Hospital Endoscopic Spine Centre, Vasai West, Palghar, Maharashtra, India. PIN 401202.
- Indian delegates: INR 1.25 lakh without accommodation
- International delegates: USD 3500 (Includes temporary Medical Council of India registration and single occupancy accommodation for four days)
- International delegates: USD 3000 (Does not include Medical Council of India registration, which is compulsory for the course – the delegate will have to get it done him/herself, or accommodation)
- Indian delegates: INR 35,000
- International delegates: USD 500
For registrations or queries please give us a call between 10am and 6pm. Our contact details are available here.